While I was at church in a study group on Monday, my work phone kept receiving alerts from one of our backup environments. I even got a phone call from the Service Centre letting me know about one of the problems we were having. I did not think that it would take too long to fix the problem, so I decided to wait until the end of the study group before going home to work on the problem.
Unfortunately for me, it turned out to be a bigger problem than I had first envisioned. After trying, unsuccessfully, to fix the problem from home I had to go to the office and work on it there. It turned out to be this piece of software that was run and cause the disk where our backup software reside to become unresponsive. I had to reboot the external disk enclosure (SE3310) before I could check the disk for errors and restart the backup software. Everything was back online by 11pm, 5 hours after it went down. Since this was a weeknight the backup load was lighter so we were able to complete all of the backups in the shortened window.